Leaping Hare Electrical can advise and guide you on solutions to your electric car home charger. We are registered installers with the leading brands and as the market grows continue to expand the range of products that we work with.
Leaping Hare Electrical are registered with The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) this is a team working across government to support the early market for ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEV). OLEV are providing over £900 million to position the UK at the global forefront of ULEV development, manufacture and use. This will contribute to economic growth and will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution on our roads.
How do I know if I can get a home car charging point installed?
To have a home charge point installed for your car you need to have:
- Dedicated off-street parking,
- Wi-Fi connection at your property or a SIM router with a 3G or 4G SIM (for some smart home chargers),
- Permission from your landlord (if you’re renting),
- Home in mainland Great Britain.
For further information read the goverment publication ‘Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme Guidance for Customers’.
What’s included in home installation?
- Fitting of your home charger on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 15 metres of cable, neatly clipped to the wall. It will run between your electricity supply meter, main distribution board and your home charger.
- An electrical certificate to show your installation meets the 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations – the UK standard.
Are there any government grants for EV charging points?
The OLEV Grant, also known as Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) can reduce the cost of your home charger by up to £350.
Leaping Hare Electrical Ltd, Dove Cottage, Docking Road, Syderstone, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE31 8SW – Company No: 12824455 – NAPIT Member No: 61324 – Trustmark Licence No: 1991132 – Office for Zero Emission Vehicles – Installer Number EVHS5116 / WCS5116